Back to top
Skip to content
- Happy Birthday to my precious now-8YO granddaughter, Lyra! I will be thinking of you ALL DAY until we see you later and hoping you have a fun day in every way!
- I HATE when plans change! As changes are taking place within my brain, I find I need more time to mentally prepare for upcoming events, even very basic and simple ones. Last minute changes throw me into a tailspin…if I can manage them at all. But it gives me insight into my mom’s increasing inability to manage change in the earlier stages of her LBD…until it became totally impossible for her. I wish I had this level of understanding back then. I’m sorry, Mom.
- Seeing older photos of our little dog Chuy it struck me that his face used to be tan – now it’s white. I was shocked! Why did I not notice this?
- In processing the aging of our beloved pets, and the inevitable loss, I have always thought that they don’t live long enough. However, we have had so many wonderful pet that we have loved so much, and if they did live as long as we did, we wouldn’t have had, known, and loved most of them!
- I fully believe that the USA will be annihilated at some point, for turning away from God after He blessed and prospered our country. We didn’t just forsake Him though; as a country we not only tolerate sin, we celebrate it. We force it upon the most innocent of all, our children. If His own chosen people didn’t escape His wrath for the same things we are doing today, what makes anyone think that He will look the other way and let us continue forever as we are without repercussions? Warnings are being ignored. Punishment is coming.
- I do a lot of my best thinking when I drive, which I did a lot of today, and one of my mental topics is often food. It is a favorite subject of mine, after all!I can’t wait for the farmer’s markets to get really well stocked with local goods so we can enjoy the bounty all through the summer and autumn!
- In reading through the toots (posts) that are federated to the Mastodon instance that I consider home, I see some are criticizing Christians for not being more involved in politics and government. There seems to be a lack of understanding that the problems in our country and leadership are caused by sin; therefore they won’t be solved by phone calls and letters. They can only be solved by prayer and Jesus. Doing God’s work of sharing the gospel is the answer, and that’s what God’s people are called to do.
- I wondered today if someone put a bumper sticker on the back of our car that said, “Please pass me so you can then cut right in front of me to make your turn.”
- Really, composting toilets are the way to go! (see what I did there? hahaha!)
- We have the largest squirrels I have ever seen. It’s gotta be all that good bird food they eat from our feeders!
- Why settle for happiness when we can have joy?
- If I had to eat 3-bean salad for the rest of my life, I’d starve to death.
- One of my favorite things I did this week was dry dishes. Which I hate to do. But it was a companionable and comfortable task when done at Pete’s side, as he washed them. And it was wonderful.