I got this from a blog and saved the information here. I will give the source BUT I will also tell you that there are so many ads, videos, and popups that I had a hard time just getting to the recipe at the bottom and by the time I did my laptop was moaning and groaning, hot, and e – x – t – r – e – m – e – l – y slow! (I use an older computer with Linux, and the 4GB of RAM was instantly taxed by this site; I will have to reboot after posting this.) But if you want to try it, the link is https://www.pookspantry.com/oatmeal-pumpkin-dog-treat-recipe/ – just copy and paste it into your browser’s address bar to visit and see the rest, along with an option for rolled treats that you can cut into any shape.
OATMEAL PUMPKIN DOG TREAT RECIPE
Made with just 3 ingredients, this oatmeal pumpkin dog treat recipe is a healthy and inexpensive alternative to store-bought treats. PREP TIME 5 minutes ~ COOK TIME 18 minutes ~ TOTAL TIME 23
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats (not quick-cooking)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pure pumpkin purée
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C)
- Add oats to the bowl of a food processor.
- Let machine run for 2 – 3 minutes, until oats are almost flour consistency with a few big pieces left.
- Add pumpkin purée and eggs, mix to combine until dough looks uniform.
- Scoop with small cookie scoop and drop on a parchment (or silpat)-lined sheet pan.
- Flatten with a fork dipped in flour.
- Bake for 16 – 18 minutes, rotating halfway through.
- Cool completely before giving to your dog.